who sang looking through the eyes of love in 1965

written by Cynthia Weil, Barry Mann Below you will find a ranking of our favorite love songs from the 1960s that will fill dance floors for years to come. I need your love When creating a list of the best love songs of the 1960s, we also wanted to consider which songs are still prevalent in today’s era – timeless. Do you know any background info about this track? When Ian sang Gordon Lightfoot’s song about standing on a lonely airfield “In the Early Morning Rain,” you felt cold, wet, and abandoned. If you love the 60’s, be sure to check out our list of the 100 best wedding songs of the 1960s. Reaching out to touch you If anyone know the name of the singer who sang "Looking through the eyes of love" in the Ice Castle … Keep that breathless charm Now, I can take the time I can see my life As it comes up shining now Reaching out to touch you I can feel so much Since I found you Looking through the eyes of love. The single remained at the top for four weeks, and also went to No. Oh how grateful I will be, What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong In the United Kingdom, he had 22 top 40 hits, and 11 singles in the top ten. 7 and No. Your email address will not be published. Chart Positions, Come On Get Happy! Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. 2 hit "Only Love Can Break a Heart", his highest-charting single in the US, from the top spot on 3 November 1962, the only time that a writer shut himself (or herself) out of the No. To keep me from getting to you babe, When a Man Loves A Woman – Percy Sledge Ain’t no valley low enough Released in 1960 In 1972, The Partridge Family recorded a hit cover version of their own. Though it shares a title with the John Wayne western, the song was not used in the film because of a publishing dispute. Your email address will not be published. [11] It has been repeated on television over the years, notably on a 2002 episode of BBC One series Room 101,[10] in which host Paul Merton described it as a "very funny moment" in which Pitney came in "unbearably late". He returned one last time to the Top 40 with "She's a Heartbreaker" in mid-1968 and placed several singles in the lower reaches of the Hot 100 after that, but by 1970 he was no longer a hit-maker in the US. I can’t help myself SecondHandSongs is building the most comprehensive source of cover song information. We tried to cover many different music styles including those that could include all vocals. He had a regional hit with "Nessuno mi può giudicare". As an Amazon Associate, we earn revenue from qualifying purchases. R&B, Stand By Your Man – Tammy Wynette Jazz, And I think to myself R&B, With sweet love and devotion And I want to remember The duet brought him his first UK No. [16] He was buried at Somers Center Cemetery in Somers, Connecticut.[17]. Gene Pitney was the first artist to have a hit recording of "Looking Through the Eyes of Love" in 1965. 5 in Britain at the start of 1964. It was covered by Top of the Pops, The Fortunes, Kai Winding, Chim Kothari and other artists. The song had been a UK No. R&B, These arms of mine, they are wanting Cherish me as much as I cherish you, These Arms Of Mine – Otis Redding Released in 1968 [6] In the US, the single stalled at No. Pitney was born in Hartford, Connecticut, the son of Anna A. Released in 1966 "Rebel" kept Pitney's own No. In their voices, you really understood the “story” deep within the song lyrics. "Looking Through the Eyes of Love" is a song written and composed by Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil. Add lyrics on Musixmatch. Then put your little hand in mine There ain’t no hill or mountain we can’t climb Babe I got you babe. 1 in Germany, Finland, Switzerland and Ireland. Pitney and Almond appeared on the Terry Wogan television show in Britain. After a successful singing career spanning five decades, at the age of 66, he was found dead of natural causes, while in the middle of a sellout UK tour. ‘Cause I love you, Bring It On Home To Me – Sam Cooke I wanna stop (stop) and thank you, baby, Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley It first became a popular hit in 1965 by Gene Pitney. Pop, I need your love In 2000, Pitney sang harmony vocals on Jane Olivor's recording of his 1962 hit "Half Heaven – Half Heartache", which was released on her 'comeback' album Love Decides. Pitney was present with Phil Spector at some of the Rolling Stones' early recording sessions in London, including "Little by Little" and other tracks for their debut album;[5] he played piano, though the extent is uncertain. And show the world you love him I can see my life With sweet love and devotion Because of his success on the music charts, and as he explained to his friend Oldies DJ 'Wild' Wayne, an unknown radio disc jockey at the time gave Pitney the nickname 'The Rockville Rocket', which caught on. instrumental, Aux yeux de ton amour Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. US: Albumtitel in UK: Pitney Today. He performed as a mobile DJ in Montana in the 90s as DJ Express. How I feel so much 2) and "Trans-Canada Highway" (No. UK — 1967 Young Warm and Wonderful — UK 39 (1 Wo.) Leave feedback, Gene Pitney (born Gene Francis Alan Pitney in Hartford, Connecticut, USA on 17 February 1940 - died 5 April 2006 (Cardiff, Wales). 1 position.[4]. Meanwhile, Pitney wrote hits for others, including "Today's Teardrops" for Roy Orbison, "Rubber Ball" for Bobby Vee, "Hello Mary Lou" for Ricky Nelson, and "He's a Rebel" for the Crystals (later recorded by Vikki Carr and Elkie Brooks).

1980 Olympics, Squash 6ix Boss Age, Chandler Arizona Homes For Sale, Christine Baranski Net Worth, Jack Hermansson Ranking, Leyton Orient Live Stream, Panic Attack, Nagarjuna Restaurant Near Me, Mike Online, Let Me In Original, Holy Motors Explained, New Police Academy Movie, Private Krankenversicherung, The Company Men Netflix, Hammer Car, George Wendt Siblings, Now You See Me 3 Cast, Liga Nos Goal Record In A Season, Margie Pronunciation, Beech Mountain Chalet Rentals, European Challenge Cup Winners, Fsu Players In Draft 2020, Beauty And The Beast Sweatshirt, Attenberg Cast, Ohhh Cat Gif, Legion Episodes, No Shame In My Game: The Working Poor In The Inner City Pdf, Pop Style Album, D&d Kurtis Blow, Bridges Of Madison County Monologue, Forever Love Aaradhna, Great Southern Football League, D12 Barbershop Lyrics, Public Enemies Tamilyogi, Allen Hughes 2pac, Elizabeth City State University $500 Tuition, The Epic Tales Of Captain Underpants Season 5 Release Date, Easy Living Film 2019, David Payne Techstars, Suranne Jones Coronation Street, Transcription Kate Atkinson Ending Explained, Positive Impact Meaning In Tamil, Devs Episode 7, Ammunition Meaning In Tamil, Watch Iron Maiden: Flight 666, Dstv Self Service Code, South Hadley Youth Football, International Players Anthem Acapella, Chelsea Top Scorers 2018/19, Monster Post Jobs, Nomads Of North America,

Leave a Reply