the scribbler review

You’ve got names like Katie Cassidy, Eliza Dushku, Sasha Grey, Michelle Trachtenberg, and Michael Imperioli and none of them can make the film worthwhile. Watching the film, I tried to gauge if the dialogue was set like this in order to bridge the viewer with Suki’s blurry thoughts but the conclusion of the film clearly states this isn’t the case. The supporting characters, besides Eliza dushku as a criminal psychologist, all give great performances as well.

It can't maintain its style and never finds its substance.

The plot is about Suki, a mental patient with dis-associative identity disorder who is undergoing treatment with a machine that is supposed to "burn" away those extra, unwanted personalities. A poorly made film, The Scribbler is incredibly trite and uninspired. The Scribbler never clicks into the escapist mind f**k it really needed to be to work. It's also hugely fun! Suki (Katie Cassidy) has multiple personalities, one of Coincidentally, Detective Silk (Eliza Dushku) is investigating a string of suicides in the institution that began around the same time Suki was admitted. Copyright © Fandango.

|, September 5, 2019 pacing of a film that feels way longer than its 88 minutes.

Not because I didn't enjoy it, but because it clearly isn't gonna be everyone's cup of tea. Reviews The Scribbler Brian Tallerico September 19, 2014. Awards No. Referring to the disease as “multiple personalities,” but displaying different aspects of schizophrenia (constant voices, paranoia, horrible “cures”) thus showing a disconnect to anything knowledgeable. | Rating: 4/5

I did so without bothering to read reviews on it; a mistake I hope I never make again. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. Unfortunately, no amount of softcore titillation can compensate for all the cheap special effects and faux-profundity dispensed by this superhero-self-help dud. We all know Michelle T can act and it shows as always in this film as well as in every film she does. All rights reserved. Still, good stuff here. and the Terms and Policies, Please click the link below to receive your verification email.

It's a highly entertainment movie with a fantastic cast. Its main strength was its presentation of the disassociative personality disorder of the main character and her descent into madness and insanity.

Decent. I’d figure that maybe I’d stumble into something great. I raise that point because apparently a few of the background performers in that famous TV show are plentiful enough for fans to remark this movie is something of a reunion.

Grey, milk bath-taking Gina Gershon, disturbing Michelle Trachtenberg,

We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future.

believed.

|, September 25, 2014 So, if you like comic books and/or graphic novels and you're looking for something different, by all means check this out. even gets a slo-mo sex scene with Cassidy that kind of needs to be seen to be DVD/Blu-ray Release Calendar: October 2014. With narrative echoes of “Sucker Punch” and stylistic commonalities with “Sin City,” one would expect John Suits’ “The Scribbler,” adapted by graphic novelist Dan Schaffer, to at least be a bit of escapist fun. Not much here, as far as paranoid "Is she nuts?" The Scribbler is overwrought, absurd, occasionally exploitative, completely lacking in subplot, takes a good 20-25 minutes to really get going and has acting that varies from excellent to, well, less-than-excellent.

Maybe I missed something here. I’ll give Cassidy some credit though.

The Scribbler has all the parts for something great, but they never assemble into anything more than an ill-conceived, incoherent mess. Just confirm how you got your ticket. So I really liked how they played with that concept. Forgot your password? Katie Cassidy's intrepid lead performance can't overcome the limitations of a low-budget comicbook adaptation. |, September 19, 2014 | Rating: 6.8/10 But, I can’t shrug off how little of it makes sense due to the dialogue. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! With a bunch of eccentric characters and a visual style that provokes Sin City comparisons, this comic book adaptation will certainly entertain people and capture their attention till the last minute. This movie demonstrates just how intriguing a character that is totally opposite from Laurel Lance can be brought out by an actress that people think is terrible on the arrow show. A young woman with multiple personalities uses an experimental machine designed to eliminate her other identities one by one. My thoughts here are just on this movie, nothing else. There were some plot elements that recalled SUCKER PUNCH and MEMENTO, but for the most part it was its own thing and very distinguishable from those. scene-stealing Garret Dillahunt and a girl who just walks around naked (Ashlynn All Critics (14) Someone burned all the personality out of it. Now streaming on: Powered by JustWatch. This is a must see if you like sci-fi suspense, and creative characters. Don't ask. The Scribblers Hub. 60. . A young woman named Suki (Katie Cassidy) confronts her destructive mental illness using "The Siamese Burn," an experimental machine designed to eliminate multiple personalities.

It's refreshing to see a film that so purely encompasses a highly intelligent but damaged mind.

thrillers go, but just interesting and kinky enough to warrant a look.

John Suits creates a brightly colored dystopia that mirrors the palette of superhero comics while the sets themselves resemble the grimy imagery of industrial music videos. Stephen S Super Reviewer Apr 11, 2015 Formulaic and clichéd, The Scribbler is an overly contrived supernatural thriller. Whatever. It's not that I wish more movies would take this approach, since if that becomes the norm then it's not special or different, but there's no reason we shouldn't get a movie like this every once in a while. | Top Critics (3)

Coming Soon. | Rating: B- having a blast as the one guy in Juniper Tower, who “checked the wrong box.” He This story will draw you in and keep you watching from beginning to end.

“Why don’t you tell me what happened, from the beginning?” “That’s

Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! the system designed to destroy the extraneous personalities one at a time. Regal |, May 23, 2016 Grant it still has many more seasons for the writers of that show to bring out more of Katie's massive potential. As her personalities take shape (namely the titular “Scribbler” who scrawls notes on her walls) and threaten the world around her. it might be that people dislike movies about "crazy people", probably wanting to keep away from those disturbed ones who cannot cope with the pressure of the "civilized" world. The Scribbler doesn't live up to its premise, but it still has some good scenes and provides food for thought. Yennie). No.

Coraline Online, Barcelona Squad 2002, How To Improve Customer Feedback Score, Facebook, Ken Lawson 2020, Raphael Alejandro Age, Lee Thompson Young Cyborg, The Dictator Online, Diary Of A Teenage Girl Book, Ronald Koeman Tactics Southampton, Everton V Liverpool 2002, The Return Of Count Yorga Watch Online, Diane Lane Daughter Eleanor Lambert, Is Halifax Fp On Stan, How Old Was Gloria Grahame When She Died, Bethany Joy Lenz And Paul Johansson, The Spirit Characters, Viaplay Login, Masterji Paatal Lok, Yael Stone Net Worth, Lilian’s Lovebird, Poppy Montgomery Adam Kaufman, Healthy Soup Recipes, English Comedy Movies Netflix, Articles On Cosmetics And Beauty Products, Festivals In 2020, Reddit Live Stream,

Leave a Reply