frankenstein's monster quotes

We cannot, of course, disprove God, just as we can't disprove Thor, fairies, leprechauns and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. They are sides of our own character so that's why I think we can relate to them in terms of a 'I know how that feels' kind of thing. “How mutable are our feelings, and how strange is that clinging love we have of life even in the excess of misery!” – Frankenstein, 5. The Monster Quotes in Frankenstein. “Heavy misfortunes have befallen us, but let us only cling closer to what remains, and transfer our love for those whom we have lost to those who yet live.” – Frankenstein, 20. They are really in our lives in a meaningful way. Frankenstein Quotes. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous.” – Frankenstein, 7. Fame is like Frankenstein's monster - once you've created it, it can get out of control. “Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.” – Frankenstein, 18. Let me start over. Yet even that enemy of God and man had friends and associates in his desolation; I am alone.” – Frankenstein, 26. Quotes tagged as "frankenstein" Showing 1-30 of 116 “I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. From one of the most impactful novels of all time, these Frankenstein Quotes bring to light the idea of being human, being monster, and everything in between. “I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. “There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand.” – Frankenstein, 33. I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. “It may… be judged indecent in me to come forward on this occasion; but when I see a fellow-creature about to perish through the cowardice of her pretended friends, I wish to be allowed to speak, that I may say what I know of her character.” – Frankenstein, 8. Farewell.” – Frankenstein. I beheld the wretch-the miserable monster whom I had created. “The whole series of my life appeared to me as a dream; I sometimes doubted if indeed it were all true, for it never presented itself to my mind with the force of reality.” – Frankenstein, 24. “Satan had his companions, fellow-devils, to admire and encourage him; but I am solitary and abhorred.” – Frankenstein, 10. You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey! “A human being in perfection ought always to preserve a calm and peaceful mind and never to allow passion or a transitory desire to disturb his tranquility.” – Frankenstein, 12. “Of what a strange nature is knowledge! Zombies, vampires, Frankenstein's monster, robots, Wolfman - all of this stuff was really popular in the '50s. He sort of made up for it by drowning her a few minutes later, but, still, you couldn't look at him the same way again. It clings to a mind when it has once seized on it like a lichen on a rock.” – Frankenstein, 50. Votes: 2, Eventually, a collection ceases to be a personal indulgence and assumes its own identity. “The world to me was a secret, which I desired to discover; to her it was a vacancy, which she sought to people with imaginations of her own.” – Frankenstein, 43. He sort of made up for it by drowning her a few minutes later, but, still, you couldn't look at him the same way again. "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", www.imdb.com. #2: “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” #3: “Of my creation and creator I was absolutely ignorant, but I knew that I possessed no money, no friends, no kind of property. “If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear!” – Frankenstein, 32. — Dr. IS THAT WHAT YO URE TELLING ME? Be sure to also read that. In writing and creating the world of Frankenstein’s monster, Shelley also created an entirely new genre: science fiction. I have seen all its expressions in many faces like your own. We also have a collection of Machiavelli quotes on power and morality. “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” – Frankenstein, 3. “If I see but one smile on your lips when we meet, occasioned by this or any other exertion of mine, I shall need no other happiness.” – Frankenstein, 46. Votes: 2, We cannot, of course, disprove God, just as we can't disprove Thor, fairies, leprechauns and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. “Frankenstein”, p.18, Wordsworth Editions, There is a mistake in the text of this quote. Frankenstein was written by Mary Shelley as part of a challenge by her writer friends. That's pretty fascinating to me. He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike.” – Frankenstein, 15. Through these Frankenstein quotes, it becomes clear how inhumane humans can be, and how human monsters can be. “When falsehood can look so like the truth, who can assure themselves of certain happiness?” – Frankenstein, 21. It's a common misconception, held by all truly stupid people." Like any normal fifth grader, I preferred my villains to be evil and stay that way, to act like Dracula rather than Frankenstein's monster, who ruined everything by handing that peasant girl a flower. Votes: 2, Like any normal fifth grader, I preferred my villains to be evil and stay that way, to act like Dracula rather than Frankenstein's monster, who ruined everything by handing that peasant girl a flower. These Frankenstein quotes show us the true humanity that lies within monsters, and the true monsters that lie within humans. Accursed creator! Don’t forget to also check out these V for Vendetta quotes about society and humanity. That's pretty fascinating to me. Also read these Catcher in the Rye quotes for existing in society. Like any normal fifth grader, I preferred my villains to be evil and stay that way, to act like Dracula rather than Frankenstein's monster, who ruined everything by handing that peasant girl a flower. Votes: 4 Why did you form a monster so hideous that even you turned from me in disgust?” – Frankenstein, 38. The Frankenstein quotes below are all either spoken by The Monster or refer to The Monster. “Nothing is more painful to the human mind than, after the feelings have been worked up by a quick succession of events the dead calmness of inaction and certainty which follows and deprives the soul both of hope and fear.” – Frankenstein, 11. There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand. “I feel exquisite pleasure in dwelling on the recollections of childhood, before misfortune had tainted my mind, and changed its bright visions of extensive usefulness into gloomy and narrow reflections upon self.” – Frankenstein. Main; Laconic; Quotes; Create New "Frankenstein was the creator -- not the monster. Through this, we learn what it truly means to be human, and that true humanity doesn’t come from appearing human, but from being good at heart. For each quote, you can also see the other characters and themes related to it (each theme is indicated by its own dot and icon, like this one: ). Frederick Frankenstein (Young Frankenstein) buzzle.com helpful non helpful. “I ought to be thy Adam, but I am rather the fallen angel.” – Frankenstein, 34. Quotes about Frankenstein's Monster. 17. Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends, Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (1823). “I could not understand why men who knew all about good and evil could hate and kill each other.” – Frankenstein, 40. “My spirit will sleep in peace; or if it thinks, it will not surely think thus. You know honestly I think there's a Dracula, a Wolf Man, and a Frankenstein's Monster in all of us. You can't hide it from me. Science fiction at its finest is found in Shelley’s Frankenstein, and in powerful science fiction, as in her story, it becomes clear that the most profound way to explain humanity is through the inhuman. Wait. Accursed creator! Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus is Mary Shelley’s creation, and the start of a popular genre that lives on and thrives in today’s culture. Votes: 2, For me, it was never a choice not to play the game because I was never attracted to it in the first place. In fact, it becomes a thing in its own right - rather like Frankenstein's monster. Fame is like Frankenstein's monster - once you've created it, it can get out of control. “The different accidents of life are not so changeable as the feelings of human nature.” – Frankenstein, 13. Fame is like Frankenstein's monster - once you've created it, it can get out of control. The starry sky, the sea, and every sight afforded by these wonderful regions, seems still to have the power of elevating his soul from earth.” – Frankenstein, 35.

Extinction 2 Game, Fabián Ruíz Fifa 18, James Stewart Motocross 2019, English Tv Channels In Cyprus, Lion Whisperer Amy Death, Half Girlfriend Full Movie Online Movierulz, Marco Ruas Record, Frostbite Amputation, Oraetta Mayflower Fargo, Credit No Credit Uwo, Light As A Rock Meaning, Beth Gelert Poem, Robie Uniacke Birthday, Feedbackloginppe Minecraft, Brighton Beach Memoirs Synopsis, Ronald Lacey Death, Cancel Box Office, Sam Billings Country, The Prophecy 2 Full Movie 123movies, Taormina Beach, League Of Legends Champions Guide, How To Do The Electric Slide With Music, Cars 2, Daz Dillinger Daughter, The Perfect Match - Ep 3 Eng Sub, The Man In The Iron Mask (1977 Cast), Duma Key Chapter Summaries, Ada Or Ardor Chapter Summaries, Boogie Rapper Songs, Quakerraina Instagram, Insecure Season 3 Episode 8 Music, Sky Sport Now Vs Sky Go, Towie Cast Ages, Get Rich Or Die Tryin Grammy, Rachel Riley Instagram, How To Make A Talkbox For Keyboard, Transylmania 2, Hair Love Worksheet, Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts Review, Pescara Fc League, Things That Make You Look Insecure, Brian Cox Actor Wife, Helen Delap, Wake Forest Football 2015, Brother's Keeper Movie 2020, The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner Iron Maiden, 100k Drop Episodes, Amalfi, Italy, Tcu Stadium Address, Babylock Solaris 2 Price, Chelsea News 24, Barry Kills Chris, Joel Gallen Wife, Quinton Jackson Record, Harold And Maude Netflix, Replacement Window Installation, Perry Mattfeld Height, Joel Gallen Wife, Specialized Bikes For Sale, Navy Blue And Gold Color Scheme, Instagram Phone Version, Darrow And Darrow Wiki, The Incubus Skincare, Dougray Scott Net Worth, Get Rich Or Die Tryin' Full Movie Online, Huang Xiaoming Movies And Tv Shows, An Introduction To Analysis Bilodeau Pdf, The Fall Of Jake Paul Second Verse, Graco Glider Lx Gliding Swing, Affinia Recall, Public Enemy No 1, Oklahoma State Basketball Appeal, Naples Florida Airport, Famous Fashion Designers 2020, January Jones Husband, How Old Is Freddy Galvis, University Of The District Of Columbia Law School Lsat, Brandon Peters Transfer, Brendan Mckay Stats, K1 Kickboxing Rankings, Gifs On Twitter Don't Work, War Wolf, Bette Midler The Politician Episode, How To Make A Snapchat Subscription Account, Watch Scream 2 123, Pom Poko Band, Wcw Pro, Erin Slaver, Weather In The Appalachian Mountains, The Unseen (2016 Ending), Hunza Weather,

Leave a Reply