black monday season 2 finale

Photo Credits: Showtime; NBC, Virginia Sherwood/NBC; Netflix; Pop TV; Robert Viglasky, Hartswood Films; Fred Hayes/Disney+, Fox, PopTV; Bettina Strauss/Netflix; Nicole Rivelli/Amazon, Netflix, Frank Masi/Apple, Disney, Jasper Savage/Hulu; Diyah Pera/CW. I mean, the idea of not just making it a little music video or alluding to it, but actually playing it, and really destroying that bank digitally and physically, having to do a lot of practical effects and plotting that whole thing out. And it was so weirdly written about in the '90s as like, "Can you believe this happened?" I read that as a sign of his deep abiding love for her, and I reading that wrong? And by the end of the season, you can see she's kind of terrified of him, and how far he'll go for power. The room as a whole got to a place where they're like, "Okay, the most interesting thing is that a Black woman is responsible for [Black Monday] which was actually a brilliant trade, but also something very illegal. We had never done an episode that didn't have a B-story. Sure, mostly because it remains unclear as to whether or not there will be a season 3. https://www.tvguide.com/news/black-monday-season-2-post-mortem I've never worked any other way and I won't. She did steal his entire company and basically took all his money. I think for Mo, it hinges on a little be careful what you wish for. You have Dawn in charge of a mostly female firm at the start, and then this subplot where Wayne (Horatio Sanz) is this incel character determined to punish women. For us, it's always been our absolute desire to have the most diverse rooms as humanly possible. How'd that come to be? That's not my story to tell; I also don't know it, because I haven't been inside it. Download the TV Guide app for iPhone, iPad and Android! So he was pissed. (Disclosure: TV Guide is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.). It just felt natural that if we've got this woman who was the mastermind behind Black Monday, she would break the glass ceiling and start this all-female firm, but inevitably you're gonna have one of these sort of incel type-men who reacts in this misogynist way. They always frame it as like, "I'm a men's rights activist," which, you know, straight white men don't need activists. At TBDs Halloween party, Blair tries to make the trade of a lifetime, Mo and Dawn argue over an opportunity, Tiff and Corkie loosen up, and Keith phones a friend. The relationship between Dawn and her mother is informed by Black women in the room. But it's good to go story first, and that was what so fun about the season. I can't tell you how much fun it was for somebody who grew up with '80s action movies and loves them so dearly, to be able to do that. Looking at how they have to navigate today through the lens of the '80s is really been what the show is about a little bit and I think inevitably women are a big part of that. Black Monday season 2 episode 10 (finale) spoilers: All about a plan Black Monday July 12, 2020 As we prepare for Black Monday season 2 episode 10 airing on Showtime next week, there is a simple question worth wondering. So it was very much like writing a play, but a play that could get explosive very quickly. By visiting this site, you consent to have cookie data stored. Cahan: We knew we wanted to [take on] Club Fed because it was such an '80s anomaly. Visit our, Black Monday season 2 episode 10 (finale) spoilers: All about a plan, Be sure to get some more news when it comes to Black Monday now, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: The World Health Organization. June 2020 TV Calendar: New and Returning Shows, March TV Calendar: New and Returning Shows, January TV Calendar: Series Return and Premiere Dates. Is Jonathan Majors leaving Lovecraft Country; is Atticus really dead? Season 2 starts with Blair making a deal with Tiff and they have this understanding, and they're going to help each other. The guy can't catch a break. A lot of [Blair's] story was inspired by people that went through similar things of what it means to be gay in a religion that doesn't accept it. Season 2 also juggled a dizzying number of overlapping storylines involving financial jargon and backstabbing schemes, with Mo (Don Cheadle), Dawn (Regina Hall), Blair (Andrew Rannells), Tiff Georgina (Casey Wilson) and Keith (Paul Scheer) tangled up in crisscrossing tales of revenge and oneupmanship. Like I think it never occurred to him that Dawn would have been his partner. It’s so difficult — almost impossible, even — to gauge the show’s performance on the basis of live ratings alone. So if he died again at the end of Season 2, if you're a betting man I would bet on Lenny's triumphant return at some point in Season 3 if we get it, probably even more mangled than he was at the end of Season 1. As we prepare for Black Monday season 2 episode 10 airing on Showtime next week, there is a simple question worth wondering. Do you feel like you were ahead of the curve there? One of the things that stood out to me was the feminist theme of the season. All of his old transgressions are wiped away. Yes, it happens to fit this show hand in glove, but I just think it's the way shows should be made. He can start again clean, but the question is at what cost? And what might a Season 3 look like if the Showtime gods smile on us? You see it constantly now, as a reaction to the Time's Up movement. What were your favorites of the season?Cahan: I would say the things that got me excited are on two ends of the spectrum. Let’s continue to hope that we get a little bit of something more, but for now, hope for an interesting end to Mo Monroe’s story. But clearly it's a very serious crime. Was Season 2 intended to be an overtly feminist statement? Now I'm like, "Oh, God how bad is this going to get?" It's almost '89 by the end of Season 2, so there's something interesting about 1990, or even jumping ahead.Cahan: I'm really excited by where the four chess pieces are. Black Monday: Season 2 Videos 1:55 Black Monday: Season 2 Trailer. This is one where the vast majority of viewers choose to watch it after the fact, whether it be via their DVR or online. When you flashback to him, he genuinely looked at it as like, I'm the one who got the seed money, I'm the one who got on the [Wall Street] floor. Stories like that where it's like "Do we really want to do this?" The country club episode deals with race and class and sexuality and religion; we really wanted that to feel like a farce. Cahan: Saying it's a mandate is sh---y. Usually, it's like, what jokes, what is a funny set piece. Related News – Be sure to get some more news when it comes to Black Monday now, Be sure to share right now in the comments below! Copy to Clipboard. I think the fun of that was looking at a board and bringing out where the characters' peaks and valleys were and how we could get them to all interact. You've talked before about how your writers' room is mostly people of color and/or women — and you had that in place before the new push for more inclusivity behind the scenes. But there's a bit of a Single White Female relationship. How will this crazy-intense journey come to its conclusion? 'Black Monday' Creator on That Unexpected Finale Death and Hopes for Season 2. Dawn borrowing from what is essentially the United Negro College Fund. View Details. We really wanted to position them in these exciting places. And we get a glimpse into his background and know that when his back is against the wall, he's not afraid to push back all the way to protect himself. As we wait for the end of this particular story, let’s just cross our fingers now and hope for a satisfactory end. Erin Simkin/SHOWTIME "I can’t imagine what Mo's willing to do when he’s … We really wanted all the characters and stories to be very interconnected. I wouldn't have come up with the nuanced, intelligent version; I would come up with like, an outsider looking in assumption of it rather than something that felt authentic. I also think we were trying to look at [how] there's still sexism within races or cultures. Black Monday: Season 2 Episode 2 Sneak Peek - I'm Gonna Die in This Room. And I think I think we got really lucky with our writers, directors. We really did talk about where we wanted the characters to end up. They've done just fine. Cahan: I can think of two or three storylines that I would be really afraid to touch, that would be like third rails, and the room was so encouraging going in that direction. Why did Dawn tell on herself? Blair's new political connection puts Dawn in a compromising position. When the FBI caught up to him, they forced him back to help them find who was responsible for Black Monday. The Just for Men thing from Wayne was very much about a lot of men's reactions to like, the female Ghostbusters and stuff like that just felt insanely ridiculous to us. We're not used to doing that for comedy. So we have never done an episode that didn't cut away to the other characters. Keith makes a startling discovery. We've painted ourselves into a corner of how could that possibly work? Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now! At the conclusion of its 10 episodes, we'd seen Mo try to do something right for a change, the once-innocent Blair turn dark, Keith cozy up to the Lehmann brothers, and Dawn land in prison after confessing that she was the one who engineered the Black Monday crash that kickstarted the series. Looking for your next binge? Is there an added bit of suspense with this finale now? Caspe: And the story itself is just not one that I would think of. He literally says, "I'm going to be the tragic hero." He goes to the FBI and he confesses, he's willing to do the sacrificial thing. and then having the room get so excited, to put that character in such a difficult moral position. For Dawn, we were very careful to not mention how long she'd been put away or how deep of trouble she's in. Jordan Cahan: Well, that's funny, because I was thinking before this call, as comedy people, it's rare that we get to go story first.

Joker Wiki, Hammer Emoji, Vittoria Gassman Daughter Shelley Winters, Bridge Too Far Nijmegen, No Promises Kidz Bop, Blood Fest Roblox, Extreme Rules 2020 Results Cbs, Ucf Basketball Players In Nba, Predator Movies, Euphoria Show Mental Illness, Recruiter Login, Kevin Mains Age, News Online Today, The Water Horse Full Movie 123movies, Padikkadavan Cast, 2014 Unc Basketball Roster, Stroszek English Subtitles, Retro Arcade Machine, High Maintenance Google Drive, Texas Longhorns Bowl History, I'll Be Around Yo La Tengo Lyrics, Thirst Trap Feminism, London Stadium Capacity For Football, Deliver Us From Evil On Hulu, Is The Bridges Of Madison County On Netflix, The Invisible Guardian Review, Fantasy Golf 2019, Swarm Basketball, Tomcats Cat, Mount Ararat In The Bible, Paul Kelly Age, Buddy Bolden, Intent To Destroy Documentary Watch Online, Houston 2020 Football Schedule, Hurricanes Facts, Listen To Arsenal Game Live, Landscape In The Mist Watch Online, The Diary Of Anne Frank Play Summary, Seed Definition Biology, Heat Clothing Box, Spontaneous Combustion Human Cases, One Of Our Partners, Cambridge Cricket Ground, Witcher 3 Olgierd, Uk Space Program, Lolo Lolo Song, Motivation Theory In Education, Land Of The Giants Podcast, Arsenal Results 2018/19 Premier League, Devon Franklin Kids, North Carolina Colleges, Kel Mitchell Age, John Q True Story Sasha, Fastest Te In Madden 20, Man Screen, Cute Words To Say, Takerra Allen Net Worth, Maniac Cop 2 Trailer, Syracuse Orange Men's Basketball Players, Duke Football Roster Depth Chart, Grace American Girl Doll Price, Kirby Smart Salary, How To Pronounce Exhilaration, Naijiel Hale, Dream A Little Dream Of Me Ukulele, Sam Billings School, Piers Taylor Wikipedia, Psg Fixtures And Results, Crawl Certificate, Liverpool Vs Arsenal 2013/14, Rsl Anzac Day 2020, White Bird In A Blizzard Netflix, Helene Robbie Age, Alexander Skarsgardalexa Chung, Counter Attack Apk, Women's Economic Empowerment Quotes, Youth Football Teams Looking For Players, Kingdom Come In Gods Hands Time Limit, Silver Chalice Buy, Eve Hewson Height, Tommy Egan Net Worth, Alex O'connell 247, How Can We Reach You Facebook, Mike Online, Texas Tech Quarterback 2018, Arizona Diamondbacks Schedule, Second Act Watch Online, App State Majors, Ryan Silverfield, Rap Group Name Generator, The Moorside Cast, Fires In Sicily Today, Bryce Harper Gold Glove, Jane Horrocks Maybe This Time, The Edge Of The Sea,

Leave a Reply